Skip to main content

It was hard for me to step in - Serena Williams withdrew from the French Open

 

Serena Williams withdrew from the French Open

It was hard for me to step in - Serena Williams withdrew from the French Open
Williams says he has not fully recovered from the US Open - Astro Arena Photo
SERENA Williams has withdrawn from the French Open ahead of the second round match against Tsvetana Pironkova after suffering an ankle injury.
The United States legend embarked on a match for the 24 grand slam titles held by Margaret Court by overcoming Kristie Ahn straight set last Monday.
However, the 39-year-old announced before the action against Pironkova that he will not take part in Roland Garros.
Williams says he has not fully recovered from the US Open, which he lost to Victoria Azarenka a few weeks ago, has influenced his decision.
"I love playing in Paris. I enjoy playing on the clay court," Williams said.
"I want to give my best here. But my ankles do not have enough time to recover after the US Open.
"So it affected me to walk so I chose to withdraw and try to recover to allow me to play in the next competition."
Williams was a three-time singles champion at Roland Garros, the last time he did it in 2015 by beating Lucie Safarova.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sarim Akhtar, in the blink of an eye is popular because of this picture!

At the age of 72, Hema Malini remained beautiful

Mr World Singapore 2020 finalist found dead in reservoir